Sunday, February 25, 2018

AVR Weekly News ~ 234th Edition

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by 
Kimberly @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. 
~ Recap the past week ~ 
~ Show what's upcoming ~ 
~ Share news ~ 
~ Display book hauls ~

<<< Flip Back

  • Sunday ~ Meme ~ AVR Weekly News ~ 233rd Edition

Page Forward >>>

  • Sunday ~ MemeAVR Weekly News ~ 235th Edition

--- AVR News Update ---
Hello and Happy Sunday!

On the Home Front: Wow. This has been a busy week for me with appt's for various family members, a pro hockey game, blood donations, and all that jazz. I just want to sleep for a week now. This coming week should be fairly easy. Ok, now why did I say that? I just jinxed myself. *knocks on wood*

Carolina Hurricanes

Touching Nature:
Weather had been mostly grey and crappy, but it's slowly getting warmer. We were in the low 70s yesterday for the Pokémon Community Event and we came home with lots of Dratini and tired feet.


Book News: I've read exactly two books this week. I now have a total of 6 reviews to write, so I better get crackin' on those.

Don't Touch That Dial!: The Olympics every night and an episode of Arrow each evening before the Games began at 8:00. I am so tired from staying up past my bedtime every night for two weeks, but they're over now. I can finally sleep. The huge bags under my eyes thank me.

At the Flicks: Waiting for May, like...

Cyberspace Playground: Still nothing but Pokémon GO and Wordscapes.

Randomness: I donated blood yesterday along with hubby and my youngest son who's 17. He really wants the red cord for graduation. Only one more donation and he'll get it. Anyway, I have a really good vein in my right arm, but it's really deep and it is along my tendon. Most techs opt for the so-so still-difficult-but-less-hard-to-get-to vein on my left arm, but last time the lady did my right arm and hit gold first time. She actually breathed a sigh of relief. lol The poor guy, a veteran of 20+ yrs of drawing blood, had a much tougher time getting the damn thing this time. Poor guy. He felt so bad, but I just shrugged it off. I know my arms are a challenge and if they are willing to give it a go I'm willing to endure the discomfort while they try to stick me. Anyway, here's my bruise from yesterday, including 4 lines from the pressure cuff they have to get really tight to get that bugger to pop up. It's one of my better bruises. lol

Carol's Nuggets of Wisdom: I'm so tired, I've got nothing to impart this week. Zzzzzzz...

That's it for me. AVR News Update signing off. May all your books enthrall you.
∞ Shelf Additions ∞
From the library
Zip


Freebies
Nothing this week.

8 comments:

  1. I’m blessed with huge, close-to-the-surface veins so the blood techs love me when I give. After I turned sixty, I decided it was time to stop, so I haven’t given in a while. I miss it a bit. I gave every eight weeks for a long, long time.

    https://readerbuzz.blogspot.com/2018/02/chung-toi-tham-viet-nam-we-visit-vietnam.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been up past my bedtime watching The Olympics too lol. Good for you guys on donating blood. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They have the hardest time getting blood from me, but, scratch myself and many the blood overflowith. It's just weird. I have not been watching the Olympics - never really cared. I have also been extremely tired but from reading to much. I read/listen to four books and halfway through a fifth this past week. Happy Reading!

    Mary #SundayRoundup #7

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no, what a bruise. It’s great that you donated blood. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would like to say I also wear bruises like a badge of honor. I am most impressed with the ones that turn all fun shades. :) My left arm is better at drawing blood than my right arm.
    I think I have 5 reviews to write...I think.

    I wish it would stop raining we missed the pokemon event yesterday because of it. I can't wait for the spring so my son and I can walk around again hunting.

    Have a great week, Carol! Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It’s been so long since I’ve been to a hockey game. The tickets are way too expensive here. My college always had blood drives, but I couldn’t donate because of the type of medication I was on. I’m not on that medicine anymore, so I should probably look into donating. Have a great week!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Once I had to get re-stuck in my other arm because they partially pierced my vein. The pain was excruciating. I almost ripped the damn thing out myself because they weren't coming back to help me. I had two bruises about 4 times that size on both my arms that day. I refuse to donate now.

    We've had nothing but rain all week and it is getting OLD. I want a little bit of sunshine, or at least warmer days. I never would have called our winters "blustery" but that's what it's been this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hockey games! I love hockey! I went to my first game with my fiance this past November. We went and saw the San Jose Sharks (our fave team) against the Arizona Coyotes (our states team). It was seriously so much fun. We've decided if the Vegas Golden Knights make it deep into the playoffs we're gonna take the trip to Vegas to see them (cuz for an expansion team they are rocking it!). Seeing the Coyotes or the Knights are the closest for us. So gotta take what we can get. Lol.

    My StS

    Brittani @ Hope, Faith & Books

    ReplyDelete