Thursday, October 13, 2016

Guardians of the Galaxy: Prelude

*Book source ~ Library
Title ~ Prelude
Series ~ Guardians of the Galaxy
Author ~ Various
Illustrator ~ Various
Publisher ~ Marvel
Published ~ 8 July 2014
Genre ~ Graphic Novel | Fantasy | Sci-Fi
Pages ~ 168


My Rating ~ 3 bites

Ok, so I’ve never seen the movie and I’ve never read any of the comics. Now, I’ve watched other Marvel movies, so I have an idea who Thanos is and the gems. But everything else is new to me. I don’t know who all the players are like Nebula, Gamora, Tivan and someone named Ronan, but I’m sure it’ll come together eventually. I only enjoyed 3 of the 7 offerings in this volume. That includes story and artwork.

For Prelude 1 & 2 and the last one, Dangerous Prey, I give 5’s to story and artwork. I love the artwork so much! It’s gorgeous! I can’t stand the artwork for the middle stories (Beware the Blood Brothers, The Power of Warlock, Rocket Raccoon and the Groot one) and the plots are meh. I can’t even tell what the actual titles are because there’s stuff written everywhere. They’re confusing and the artwork is too garish, simplistic, busy and comic-booky. Blerg.

4 comments:

  1. While I saw and really enjoyed the movie, I've never read any of the original comics. I'm glad that you enjoyed this one! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm extremely late to the comics game and it's very confusing. lol I really do need to watch the movie though. :)

      Delete
  2. I have heard of Guardians of the Galaxy, but haven't seen the movies or anything. Glad you did enjoy two of the stories. I wonder why the style varied so much between the stories. It sounds like the plot and artwork of the middle stories is totally different from the other ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess because it's a collection with various authors and illustrators, giving them a chance to shine. Some I liked better than others, just like novel anthologies. :)

      Delete