Sunday, September 18, 2016

AVR Weekly News ~ 161st Edition

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by 
Kimberly @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. 
~ Recap the past week ~ 
~ Show what's upcoming ~ 
~ Share news ~ 
~ Display book hauls ~

<<< Flip Back

  • Sunday ~ Meme ~ AVR Weekly News ~ 160th Edition
  • Tuesday ~ Review The Books of Magic by Neil Gaiman
  • Thursday ~ Meme ~ Kindle Review ~ Harmony Black by Craig Schaefer
  • Saturday ~ Meme ~ Kindle Review ~ A Death in Sweden by Kevin Wignall

Page Forward >>>

  •  Monday ~ Review ~ Black Widow by Nathan Edmondson
  • Wednesday ~  Review ~ Harbinger by Joshua Dysart
  • Friday ~ Review ~ Goblin Hood by Bobby Timony
  • Sunday ~ MemeAVR Weekly News ~ 162nd Edition

--- AVR News Update ---
Hello and Happy Sunday!

On the Home Front: This week has been...a trial. We've been dealing with a Nightmare from Hell in regards to an incident at the high school (I will not go into details now as it pertains to my 17yo son {he's fine and not in trouble}, but maybe some day), Anna's and hubby's birthdays were Tues and Thurs respectively, Anna passed her driving test on Monday, but she and hubby waited 2 hrs and 45 min for it, and hubby has been on vacay all week, so we did get some things on our To Do List done, but not as much as we thought we would. Ah, well. There wasn't anything time sensitive on the list, so no big deal.

Touching Nature: We loaded up the truck with some stuff to go to the dump, did the brakes on the Honda Accord and we finally finished the trim on the shed (AKA the Exterior Library). WOOT! Now we can concentrate on building shelves inside so we can start shelving books. We started building this thing the summer of 2010. Then in 2012 money got tighter than a virgin in a romance novel. Luckily, we had it under roof & sided by then, but it's still taking a lot longer than we had planned. However, the end is in sight! I'm sincerely hoping we'll have most of the shelves done and books on them by Christmas. *fingers crossed*


Book News: Terrible. And pathetic. The end. 
Epilogue: The Friends of the Library have had their sale all week and today is bag day. $10 to fill a FotL canvas bag full. I have my bags from years past and they are bigger than current ones, so I'll be filling mine all the way up and marking them therapy, thankyouverymuch. I'll have pics next week.

Don't Touch That Dial!: Hubby & I just started Season 4 of NCIS (holy shit, Gibbs!) and Trip & I are more than halfway through season 4 of Star Wars: Clone Wars. Other than that I got nothin'.

At the Flicks: Nope.

Cyberspace Playground: Nada

Randomness: 

Carol's Nuggets of Wisdom: I don't know if laughter really is the best medicine, but it sure doesn't hurt. Well, unless you laugh so much you make your sides ache, but that's a good ache. So be sure to laugh each day.

That's it for me. AVR News Update signing off. May all your books enthrall you.
∞ Shelf Additions ∞
From the library
Not a damn thing.


Freebies
Only two. Been a bit busy.
Free at time of drafting.
Look before you leap.



6 comments:

  1. OH NO! :( I hope it will pass and wont come back one day. *fingers crossed*

    Congrats to your daughter. I hope she is enjoying her new freedom of driving everyone around :)

    I LOVE the outdoor library, I can't wait to see the shelves up and all finished. You better post pictures!!!!

    I hope this week is better, Carol! Happy Reading! ox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! I'm sorry to hear there's drama at the high school. I'm glad your sons OK, but still it sucks :( hopefully it passes quickly and without too much more stress.

    Loving the library! I want one. Unfortunately I know all about money being given tighter than a Virgin lol - maybe your best line yet :)

    Hope you have a much better week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Gibbs. Gads, hope your son is fine and lordy I hate the public school systems. I am going hope the virgin pops her cherry and you finish the library.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's awesome that your daughter got her license! I bet you'll enjoy making her drive you everywhere. That school situation must be tough, hopefully you'll get it resolved soon. Have a good week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope everything goes well with your son, glad your daughter got her license. That was a really long wait, makes me a bit glad I live in a small town...lol.

    I love GIBBS!!! Can't wait for tomorrow as the new season starts! I need a Gibbs fix...lol.

    I wish I had an exterior library...I actually need one as I got enough books in tubs and boxes and stacks...lol. :)

    Have a great week!
    Stormi

    ReplyDelete
  6. We had an incident last year and the year prior at our high school. I hope whatever the incident at your son's school doesn't largely affect him. Glad he is not in trouble! YAY for licenses! I know the struggle of not having one and needing to. Good luck with moving along on the Exterior Library. As long as a little gets done every so often it'll start coming together. I love that idea, too!

    ReplyDelete